Occasionally, items from the remote past are discovered, quite well preserved, like the Damascans swords, iridescent Lycurgus cup and the 1991 discovery of tiny, coil-shaped artifacts from 300,000 years ago which could only be seen under an electron microscope that raises the question? Were our ancient ancestors nanotechnologists? And what can today’s scientists learn from such historic artifacts?
Scientists currently debate the future implications of nanotechnology. Nanotechnology may be able to create many new materials and devices with a vast range of applications, such as in medicine, electronics, biomaterials, and energy production. On the other hand, nanotechnology raises many of the same issues as any new technology, including concerns about the toxicity and environmental impact of nanomaterials, and their potential effects on global economics, as well as speculation about various doomsday scenarios.
Nanotechnology Ancient and Modern is a 26-page eBook with fascinating facts about nanotechnology — past and present. If you are in doubt as to the correct format for your device, see the guide to at the bottom of this page.
Table of Contents
- Nanotechnology Is Ancient History – Damascus Steel – The Lycurgus Cup – 300,000-Year-Old Nanotechnology
- What Is Nanotechnology?
- Nanotechnology Applications: A Variety of Uses – Medicine – Electronics – Food – Fuel Cells – Solar Cells – Batteries – Space – Fuels – Better Air Quality – Cleaner Water – Chemical Sensors – Sporting Goods – Fabric
- Nanotechnology In Warfare – Bionic Hornet And Nanoparticle Armor – A Laser Weapon – 5 Ways Nanotechnology Will Change Warfare – Nano Weapons of the near future
Free eBook Download
Download your free 26-page eBook, Nanotechnology Ancient and Modern, now and read all about it. Here is a guide to choosing the right file format:
- PC or Mac — EPUB or PDF
- iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch — EPUB or PDF
- Kindle and Kindle Fire — MOBI or PDF
- Android — EPUB
- NOOK, NOOK Color and NOOK Tablet — EPUB
- Sony Reader and Other eReaders — EPUB
Below are the links to the different formats of the eBook again.